By Aidan Hopson

Adam Robertshaw is a big character on and off the field at Netherton FC. Nicknamed the ‘Big Cheese’ or ‘Cheesy’ he’s still playing at the age of 37 – and he was on the scoresheet in the Huddersfield & District League last weekend.

Robertshaw wore a typically cheesy grin after scoring in a 3-1 win at Almondbury Woolpack lifting his side to second in Division 2.

Alex Vickerman, who bagged the other two, was also smiling as he won a bet that Cheesy would make more than 10 appearances this season. Ashton Allert scored the consolation for the Woolpack.

Dalton Dynamos with goals from Sam Hirst (two) and Jordan McCafferty-Smith remain top after a hard fought 3-2 win over Huddersfield Laund Hill. Joe Fitzpatrick and Matthew Sykes scored for Laund Hill.

Deighton recorded their 13th straight win to go 13 points clear at the top of Division 3. Ben Stott (two), Paul Pyke and Dante Newell scored in their 4-0 win over Grange Moor Saints.

Brook Motors continued their surge up the table to move in to second with goals from Kyle Silkstone, Jack Turner, Ryan Foden and Patrick Clarke-Spears in their 4-0 win over fourth placed Scissett.

Clayton Smith (two) and Samuel Roberts scored for Brighouse Athletic as they moved up to fourth in Division 4 with a 3-2 win at Honley. Josh Rowbottom and Ben Lindley scored for Honley.

In the reserves section Dalton Dynamos drew 2-2 with Deighton in Division 1. Dominic McDonald-Webster and Liam Royal scored for Deighton.

Gary Parr scored twice for Holmbridge as they narrowly beat Britannia Sports A 2-1 in Division 2. Holme Valley Academicals remain bottom of the division losing 3-2 at Meltham Athletic. Charlie Moore and Simranpal Punia scored for the Academicals with Toby Farrington (two) and Connor Lockwood-Jackson scoring for Meltham.

Brook Motors moved up to fourth by beating Scissett 6-2 with goals from Michael Foster (four), Greg Killock and Dominic Botchway, with Jahmal Lewis and Tom Raine scoring for Scissett.

Adam Parr (two), Jamie Moore and Jonathan McKinley scored for Cumberworth A as they moved up to fourth in Division 3 by beating Grange Moor Saints 4-2. Bailey Roy scored both for the Saints.

Pick that one out! Pic by: SEAN DOYLE

Slaithwaite United go top on goal difference as they hammered Hade Edge 7-2 with goals from Nicholas Spurr, Scott Garside, Josh Moore, Dominick Moorhouse and Ben Boulton with a hattrick. Isaac Sturgess and Rueben Barraclough scored for Hade Edge.

In Division 4 Berry Brow B with goals from Dean Siddiq (two) and Benjamin Lodge beat Cumberworth B 3-2. James Earnshaw and James Slater scoring for Cumberworth.

In the Barlow Cup Heywood Irish Centre with goals from Stephen Greer (two) and Nathan Eastwood knocked out holders Berry Brow in a 3-2 win. Goals for the Brow came from Joe Brennan (two).

Scholes just edged out Skelmanthorpe in a 2-1 win with goals from Jordan Saville and Dan Parr. Max Joice scored for Skelmanthorpe. A brace from Daniel Simpson sent Shepley through to the next round in a 2-1 win over AFC Lindley whose goal was scored by Tom White.

Raymond Chingombe (four) and Jacob Ghani scored for Gee Cup holders Berry Brow A as they beat Shepley 5-3. Matthew Lambe, Harrison English and Scott Sykes scored for Shepley.

Deighton A were knocked out 4-3 on penalties by Kirkheaton Rovers after a 4-4 draw, whilst a Mark Johnson hattrick and a goal from Luke Naylor sent Linthwaite Athletic A through to the next round in a 4-1 win at Mount. Sam Dawson scored for Mount.

Antoni Short (three) and Luke Berry scored for Skelmanthorpe as they knocked out Wooldale Wanderers 4-1. West End Park Development found Dalton Dynamos too strong and went out losing 8-1.

Kirkburton moved into the next round of the Richardson Cup beating Fothergill and Whittles 5-1 with goals from Joe Lockwood, Jack Woods and Jay Calcutt (three). Matthew Sutcliffe scored for Fothergills.

Linthwaite Reserves bowed out of the West Riding Trophy losing to a strong York Minister League side Malt Shovel 8-0 whilst their first team fared no better in the West Riding Challenge Cup losing to Harrogate Railway Athletic Reserves 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

AFC Volunteers let slip a 4-1 half time lead over Yorkshire Amateur League side Fairbank United who levelled the tie at 5-5 in the 90th minute to force the game into penalties. However, the Volunteers held their nerve to move through to the next round winning 4-3.