By Callum Petterson

Golcar United suffered back-to-back league defeats for the first time since late September after their 2-0 defeat against Hallam at the Skye Direct Stadium.

A brace from Ollie Fearon dropped Golcar to down to 11th in the table as Hallam moved up to 8th, leapfrogging Golcar.

The first chance of the game fell to Nicky Clee after just three minutes but his shot from the edge of the box flashed wide of the post.

On the quarter hour mark, George Doyle had the next chance for the Weavers however his low curling effort was saved well by goalkeeper Hugo Warhurst.

Golcar should’ve taken the lead just after 20 minutes had passed. Lee Bradshaw chested down for Daniel Naidole to volley, but his strike crashed off the inside of the post and pinballed in and around the six-yard box before Hallam managed to clear their lines.

Ten minutes before the break, Hallam had a penalty appeal. A cross appeared to come off Keiro Lawrence’s hand, however the referee and linesman judged his arms to be in a natural position.

Scroll through our gallery of images by Huddersfield Hub photographer SEAN DOYLE

Into the second half, and the score remaining goalless, the goalkeepers continued their impressive performances. This time Sam Kelly made an excellent save to deny Fearon opening the scoring for Hallam.

However, Fearon scored from the resulting corner, his towering header found the top corner and the goal stood despite protests from the Golcar defence who claimed there was a foul.

With just over 10 minutes remaining, and Golcar pressing for an equaliser, Hallam caught the home side lacking at the back.

Basile Zottos rounded Kelly, before setting up Fearon for his and Hallam’s second and at 2-0 there was no way back for Golcar.

The Weavers’ next fixture is on Saturday April 6, where they take on the champions and Huddersfield rivals Emley at the Fantastic Media Welfare Ground (3.00).

Emley will be presented with the Northern Counties East League Premier Division trophy at the game.