By Aidan Hopson

Berry Brow put the seal on a great season when the first team clinched the Huddersfield District League Division 1 title.

Brow beat Linthwaite 9-3 on Saturday to edge out Holmbridge and secure top spot.

Berry Brow had already won the Huddersfield & District Football Association Challenge Cup beating West Yorkshire Premier League side Shelley 3-0 at the Skye Direct Stadium, home of Golcar United. Daniel Facey, Kyle Walton and Thomas Oakes scored the goals.

And there could be more silverware to come as Brow take on Heywood Irish Centre in the Barlow Cup at the John Smith’s Stadium on Wednesday May 17 (7pm).

Berry Brow Reserves completed the treble of reserve Division 1, Richardson Cup and Huddersfield FA Challenge Trophy by beating Holmbridge Reserves at the Stafflex Arena, home of Shelley FC.

In the Richardson Cup they beat Britannia Sports Reserves 4-0 with a double from man of the match Raymond Chingombe and goals from Dale Bain and Joe Wilson.

In the Huddersfield FA Challenge Trophy they came from behind to beat Holmbridge 3-1. Rory McGrath opened the scoring late in the first half for Holmbridge but Berry Brow hit back almost immediately at the start of the second half with a goal from Lee Wharam.

The game swung from end to end before a quick break saw Berry Brow go ahead with a goal from Joe Wilson.

Holmbridge then had their goalkeeper sent off and this gave Berry Brow the advantage with Dale Neary wrapping up the victory near the end.

Elsewhere, Slaithwaite United completed their Division 1 campaign with a 4-1 win over Fothergill and Whittles.

Kieron Mayall hit a hat-trick for Heywood Irish Centre to take his total to 30 goals for the season in their 4-2 win over relegated Shepley. Tyler Boswell completed the scoring for Heywoods and Scott Sykes and Thomas Whitfield scored for Shepley.

In Division 2, Jason Evans hit his 35th goal of the season for Moorside in their 3-3 derby draw with Diggle at Churchill playing fields. Joseph Fagan and Jake Maddison also scored for Moorside with Will Rowland, Kobe Shaw and Ross Pearce scoring for Diggle.

Holme Valley Academicals moved up to fifth place with a 4-1 win over bottom club Cumberworth.

Brighouse Athletic completed their Division 3 campaign with goals from Sam Heppenstall-Batty, Jordan Hoyle, Jonathan Jones and James Metcalf in their 5-0 win against Holmfirth Town.

Honley snatched the second automatic place from Meltham Athletic with goals from Ben Lindley (two), Josh Rowbottom and Danny Colbeck in their 4-1 win over Grange Moor Saints. Jacob Bentley scored for the Saints.

Berry Brow Reserves claimed the reserve Division 1 title defeating their nearest challengers Fothergill and Whittles Reserves 5-3.

Linthwaite Athletic Reserves drew 1-1 with second-placed Fothergill and Whittles Reserves and Newsome Reserves beat Dalton Dynamos Reserves 4-2.

Meltham Athletic Reserves completed their season in third place in reserve Division 2 with a Jonny Morgan goal in their 1-0 win over the division champions Holmbridge Reserves. Berry Brow A finished in second place with a 5-1 win over Holme Valley Academicals Reserves.

In the Gee Cup Final Wooldale Wanderers drew with Diggle after 90 minutes. Diggle took the cup home to Saddleworth winning 4-1 on penalties. Harry Airstone from Wooldale was the man of the match and was presented with the Ballcraft Trophy.

Meltham Athletic and Honley contested the Groom Cup Final. Alex Roberts and Ben Lindley scored for Honley in the first half to lead at the break 2-0. It was too big a hill to climb for Meltham and Honley kept their 2-0 lead to the end.

Ben Lindley capped off an excellent evening’s work winning the Brian Handley Trophy as man of the match.