By Aidan Hopson

Linthwaite Athletic are through to the semi-finals of the West Riding FA Challenge Cup beating Gomersal & Cleckheaton from the West Yorkshire League Premier Division.

Jacob Waterson opened the scoring for Linfit after five minutes. For the rest of the first half Gomersal were unable to break down a resolute Linfit defence.

In the second half the game went from end to end with neither side making a breakthrough. With the clock ticking down Gomersal equalised in injury time to send the tie to penalties.

It was 4-4 after the first set of penalties and the shoot-out went to sudden death. Linthwaite scored first to make it 5-4 and keeper Cameron Field saved the next Gomersal penalty to send the watching Linfit support wild as Linthwaite were through.

Berry Brow extended their lead at the top of the Premier Division by beating Kirkheaton Rovers 3-0 with goals from Paul Pyke, Daniel Facey and Liam Dobson.

Netherton moved up to second place following their 4-2 win over Deighton with goals from Michael Carter, Alex Vickerman, Ryan Burchael and Oliver Sutcliffe. Dante Newell scored both goals for Deighton.

Newsome and Holmbridge shared the points at Lockwood Park in a 2-2 draw. Darius Matherson and Deon Simmonds scored for Newsome and Robert Parr and Jordan Saville scored for Holmbridge.

AFC Lindley moved out of the relegation zone beating Shepley 2-0 with a brace from Jake Sykes.

Huddersfield Laund Hill stay in second place in Division 1 after a hard fought 4-3 win at Almondbury Woolpack. Jordan Jaber (two), Joe Fitzpatrick and Zach Nash scored for Laund Hill with James Acquah (two) and Callum Palmer scoring for the Woolpack.

Adam McKie, Ryan Trafford and Matthew Hall scored as Scissett beat Diggle 3-1 with Sam Bagshaw scoring for Diggle.

Holme Valley Academicals remain rooted to the bottom of the table losing 3-0 to Kirkburton. Joe Lockwood, Sam Ellis and Ben Boustead scored for Burton.

Berry Brow Reserves remain in third place in Division 2 after slumping to a shock 2-1 defeat to Cumberworth. Harry Stubbs was the hero of the day for Cumberworth scoring both. Richard Oakley scored for Brow.

Meltham Athletic stay in second place dropping the points in a 2-1 defeat at Brighouse Athletic. Gareth Brewins scored for Meltham with Jordan Hoyle and Chris Ashton scoring for Brighouse.

In the top of Division 3 clash Skelmanthorpe Reserves beat Berry Brow A 3-0 to go three points clear. James Allison, Alex Jacques and Lewis Haigh scored for Shat.

Chris Bray and Daniel Clarke scored for Holmfirth Town in their 2-2 draw with Meltham Athletic Reserves. Henry Blackburn and Sean Brennan were on target for Meltham.

Britannia Sports Reserves with goals from Ben Womack, Nicholas Spurr and Simon Kent beat Holmbridge Reserves 3-1. Gary Parr scored for the Bridge.

Slaithwaite United Reserves are up to third place after their 3-2 win over Hade Edge with goals from Connor Doyle, Ethan Roberts and Joshua Roberts. Cameron Young made it 18 for the season scoring both for Hade Edge.

Scissett Reserves took the points in the only game played in Division 4 with a 3-2 win over Berry Brow B with goals from Liam Thurlow (two) and Liam Davies. Martin Charles scored both for the Brow.

Deighton A stay top of Division 5  following their narrow 3-2 win over Honley Reserves. Simon Douglas, Martin Hirst and Leevann Brown scored for Deighton. Michael Roebuck and Benn Thornton hit the goals for Honley.

Fothergill and Whittles Reserves are up to third place after their 8-0 win over Almondbury Woolpack Reserves. Tyler Kershaw (two), Elliott Keane, Nathan Shepherd, Max Johnson, Jamie Howarth and Nico Blackburn (two) scored for Fothergill.

Josh Armitage (two) and Daniel Springett scored for Brook Motors in their 3-2 win over Skelmanthorpe A. Jordan Cadwallader and Richard Alderson scored for Shat.

Sam Hillhouse scored twice as Britannia Sports A drew 2-2 with Fenton United. Mount Reserves were just edged out by Hade Edge Development who won 5-4. Ben Dalton, Louis Boyle, Matthew Chiappori and John Dalton (two) scored for the Edge. Richard Coates, Michael Firth (two) and Reece Moore were the scorers for Mount.

Honley bowed out of the West Riding FA Challenge Trophy at the quarter-final stage losing 2-0 to Bradford United Under 23s from the Yorkshire Amateur League Championship Division.