By Aidan Hopson

Tyrone Sagar and Myles Hooley both scored hattricks but were still on the losing side as Thorpe Giants beat West End Park 8-6.

In the only game to beat the weather in Division 4 John Eliot (two), George Ferris (two), Liam Harker (two), Jack Kidds and Steve Ely scored for the triumphant Giants.

The Huddersfield & District League was due to resume last weekend after the festive break but the fixture programme was decimated.

Joel Rushworth scored a hattrick as Netherton beat Almondbury Woolpack 7-0 to remain second in Division 2. Also on the scoresheet were Michael Carter (two), Joel Harrison and Jack Evans.

Dalton Dynamos moved up to third place in Reserve Division 1 beating Shelley 4-2. Aiden Jackson and a Piotr Jatczak with a hattrick scored for Dalton.

In Reserve Division 4 Harry Mallinson and Sam Nunn both scored penalties for Brook Motors in their 3-2 defeat at home to Shepley. Elliot George, Joe Lee and Scott Sykes scored for Shepley which sent them up to third place in the division.

A Michael Moran goal and four goals from Jack Woods saw Kirkburton progress through to the next round of the Richardson Cup in their 5-3 win over Holmbridge. Gary Parr, Will Reeves and Gareth Myers all scored for the Bridge.

Jimmy Meadows, Connor Steele and Jack Taylor scored for Britannia Sports as they knocked out neighbours AFC Lindley 3-1 with Michael Walker scoring the consolation for Lindley.

At the halfway point in the league season, Nathan Eastwood from Heywood Irish Centre tops the goalscoring charts with 25 goals, closely followed by Cameron Wilkey from Grange Moor Saints with 24 goals. Jake Waterson from Britannia Sports is third with 23 goals. Jay Wells from Mount and Raymond Chingombe from Berry Brow A are joint fourth with 20 goals each.

In recent weeks, the league has welcomed a number of new referees and it is vital that all clubs remember the importance of confirming their fixtures with the appointed referee in line with the guidelines in the rules.