By Aidan Hopson

The cup competitions take centre stage this week as the wet weather played havoc with the weekend fixtures in the Huddersfield District League.

Linthwaite Athletic are through to the semi-finals of the Barlow Cup with goals from Nathan Wadsworth, Max Morley and Bryn Jenkins in a 3-0 win over neighbours Slaithwaite United.

Berry Brow are through to the quarter-finals of the Barlow Cup following their 5-1 win over Almondbury Woolpack. Stephen Brook scored for the Woolpack with Wayne Shooter (two), Liam Dobson, Jordan Elvidge and Paul Pyke scoring for the Brow.

AFC Volunteers are through to the quarter-finals of the Groom Cup beating Hade Edge 3-1 with goals from Connor Loughran, Ryan Matthews and Josh Miller. Cameron Young – with his 19th goal of the season – was on target for Hade Edge.

Linthwaite Athletic Reserves are also through beating Britannia Sports Reserves 3-2 with goals from Richard Pogson, Oliver Ashmore and Brett McDonagh. Seb Avery and Clayton Philips scored for Britannia.

In the Richardson Cup Allerton hammered Skelmanthorpe A 7-1 to go through to the semi-finals. Scorers for Allerton were Umais Khan, Mustafa Zeb, Mohammed Ibrahaim (two), Sahil Mahmood (two) and Mohammed Addas. Kieran Mannifield scored for Shat.

Also in the Richardson Cup, Grange Moor Saints entertained Brook Motors and at half-time led 4-1 with goals from Adam Wain, Nathaniel Bee, Grahame Scott and Jordan Wells.

Brook Motors rallied in the second half to draw level at 4-4 and send the tie to penalties. Josh Armitage (two), Max Pedley and Jonathan Charlesworth scored for Brooks.

The penalty shoot out turned out to be a nightmare for the Saints who didn’t score, with Brooks winning 3-0 to go through to the semi-finals.

Meanwhile, in Division 3 the bottom two clubs, AFC Lindley Reserves and Mount, drew 1-1 with Jamie Clay scoring for Lindley and Sam Dawson scoring for Mount.

Honley Reserves moved up to fourth place in Division 5 following their 5-1 win over Britannia Sports A with goals from Jermaine Edwards (two), Callum Greenwood (two) and Tom Booth. Kieron Wykes scored the consolation for Britannia.

Image by: Huddersfield Hub photographer SEAN DOYLE