By Aidan Hopson

Jack Ellis-Pownall scored his 15th goal of the season as Meltham Athletic came from 2-0 down to beat Grange Moor Saints on Thursday night.

Ellis-Pownall’s 89th minute winner gave Meltham a 3-2 victory and put them through to the final of the Groom Cup.

Prolific marksman Cameron Wilkey gave Saints the lead before Jacob Bentley made it 2-0. James Knowles pulled one back for Meltham shortly before half-time.

The game went end to end and Jake Wood equalised for Meltham before Ellis-Pownall snatched the late winner.

Meltham will take on Honley in the final. Honley avenged two league defeats against Saddleworth to triumph 3-1.

Ben Lindley opened the scoring for Honley early in the first half with Sean Roscoe equalising 10 minutes later. Alex Roberts then made it 2-1 to Honley early in the second half and Lindley scored again to make 3-1 and finish Saddleworth off.

On Tuesday night the Gee Cup semi-finals were played. Berry Brow B played Wooldale Wanderers Reserves at a very wet and windy Farnley Tyas Rec.

A very close game was decided by a single goal for Wooldale in the first half scored by Harry Airstone.

The other semi-final between Kirkheaton Rovers Reserves and Diggle Reserves was played at Bankfield Park.

Kirkheaton won 5-3 courtesy of goals from Danny Murray (two), Lewis Crank, Callum Chima and Levi Brown. Luke Woodward (two) and Paul Wood scored for Diggle.

Kirkheaton led 3-1 at half-time before Diggle scored two quick goals to level things up. Kirkheaton finished the stronger of the sides and went on to score two more goals.

Grange Moor Saints v Meltham Athletic in the Groom Cup semi-final. Pictures by: Kiz Everard @Kizzyetrance

Also, on Tuesday night the Richardson Cup semi-finals were played. Berry Brow A played Berry Brow Reserves at Berry Brow Rec and the Brow Reserves proved too strong and experienced winning 3-0 with goals from Dean Siddiq, Dale Bain and Joe Wilson.

Britannia Sports Reserves took on Skelmanthorpe Reserves at Paddock Cricket Club. In tough conditions Britannia won 3-1 with goals from Carl David, Will Winnard and Alex Pearson. Dan Hart scored a consolation for Skelmanthorpe.

On Easter Monday Heywood Irish Centre played Deighton in the semi-final of the Barlow Cup at Fall Lane, Marsden, home of Marsden FC. Heywood Irish Centre went through winning 3-1 on penalties after a hard fought 0-0 draw. Both teams put on a good show despite the difficult conditions of high winds and driving rain.

On Saturday in the League, Holmbridge stayed top of Division 1 with goals from Oliver Willitts (two) and Robert Parr in a 3-0 win over Heywood Irish Centre.

Berry Brow are third following their 4-0 win at AFC Lindley with goals from Thomas Oakes (two), Paul Pyke and Luke Gibson.

Dominic Moorhouse, Ben Boulton, Ashley Beardsall and Tom Dyson scored as Slaithwaite United beat Newsome 4-1. Fothergill and Whittles travelled to Leeds Road Playing Fields where they beat Dalton Dynamos 3-2.

Deighton stay eight points clear at the top of Division 2 following their 2-0 win at fellow promotion hopefuls Kirkheaton Rovers. Dante Newell and Jamal Simpson scored the goals.

Will Rowland and Nick Warhurst scored for Diggle in their 2-1 win over Kirkburton. Dylan Brett (two) and Jack Turner scored for Brook Motors in their 3-1 win over Almondbury Woolpack with Courtney Allert scoring the consolation for Woolpack.

Bottom club Cumberworth won their first away game of the season beating Huddersfield Laund Hill 5-1.

Netherton moved up to second place with goals from Adam Lightowlers, Alex Vickerman, Isaac Dyson and Michael Carter in a 4-1 win over Scissett. Tom Lockwood scored for Scissett.

Harry Hirst scored a hat-trick for Holme Valley Academicals. Pic by: Sean Doyle

Meltham Athletic clung on to second spot in Division 3 after grinding out a point in their 0-0 draw with Wooldale Wanderers.

League new boys Fenton United completed their season losing 12-2 to Grange Moor Saints with Seth Quesne scoring five for the Saints.

Honley are in third place following their 4-1 win over Brighouse Athletic. Simon Lloyd, Tommy Bunn, Joel Longman, William Webster, Mark Jackson and Michael Cheetham scored as Saddleworth United close in on the Division 3 title in a 6-1 win over Hade Edge. Lewis Barden scored for the Edge.

Long time reserve Division 1 leaders Fothergill and Whittles lost their first match of the season going down 4-2 to third placed Dalton Dynamos with Connor Steele hitting three and Aiden Jackson scoring the other.

This enabled Berry Brow to take top spot after their opponents were unable to raise a side. Newsome beat Heywood Irish Centre 1-0 and Linthwaite Athletic beat Netherton 3-0.

Bailey Bedford (two) and Rory McGrath scored for Holmbridge as they beat Skelmanthorpe 3-0 to stay top of reserve Division 2.

Berry Brow A stay a close second, three points away after a 4-1 win over Linthwaite Athletic A with goals from Yusuf Kolo, Jamal Bent (two) and Joey Singh.

Harry Hirst hit a sparkling hat-trick as Holme Valley Academicals beat Grange Moor Saints 6-2. Chris Lokey (two) and Antony Dawson completed the scoring for the Accies with Nathaniel Bee and Michael Hall scoring for the Saints.

Brook Motors hit six against third placed Meltham Athletic in their high scoring 6-4 win. Jonny Morgan (two), Matthew Burger and Luke Henighan scored for Meltham.

In the only game played in reserve Division 3, Hamza Tayeb and Richard Hanvey scored for Berry Brow B in their 2-0 win over Diggle.