By Aidan Hopson

A goal from substitute Adam Green ensured Holmbridge’s long trip to face Worksop Town Reserves proved worthwhile.

Green’s heroics meant Holmbridge progress into the next round of the Sheffield County Association Challenge Cup at the expense of the team from the Central Midlands League. Holmbridge will play Askern Miners from the Sheffield County Senior League who knocked out Skelmanthorpe 2-0.

Barlow Cup holders Heywood Irish Centre just scraped through to the next round following a 3-3 draw with Kirkheaton Rovers winning 7-6 on penalties.

Still in the Barlow Cup Linthwaite had six different scorers as they beat Fothergill and Whittles 6-0. Joseph Sagan scored four as Moorside brushed aside Scissett in a 5-1 win with Jason Evans scoring the other.

Ryan Burchael, Isaac Dyson (two), Adam Lightowlers (two) and Alex Vickerman all scored for Netherton as they beat Almondbury Woolpack 6-2. Tony Wales and Callum Palmer scored for the Woolpack.

Ryan Fisher, Jack Turner and Dylan Brett (four) scored for Brook Motors as they eased past AFC Lindley 6-1.

A brace from Luke Seatan saw Cumberworth through to the next round in a 2-1 win over Lepton Highlanders.

Cup shock of the day came when goals from Edmund Goddard and Chris Lokey saw Holme Valley Academicals beat Dalton Dynamos 2-1.

Diggle went out at the first stage despite goals from Ellis Barnes and Jack Marsland in a 4-2 loss at home to Newsome whose goals were scored by Dan Holmes, Drey Marren, Samuel Wilkinson and Trae Gabriel.

Dareece Siddique, Jamal Simpson and Ben Stott scored as Deighton knocked out Kirkburton 3-1 with Jack Goring scoring for Kirkburton.

Berry Brow A progressed into the next round of the Richardson Cup with goals from Dale Neary (three), Jamal Bent (two) and Yusuf Kolo in a 6-1 win over AFC Lindley.

Berry Brow Reserves also went through with goals from Kyle Walton, Dean Siddiq, Rhys Wharam, Raymond Chingombe and Lawal Lawal in a 5-2 win over Linthwaite A.

Brook Motors with goals from Felix Beaumont, Martin McKenna and Richard Hayton beat Cumberworth 3-2. Peter Jowett and Mark Palmer scored for Cumberworth.

Dalton Dynamos progressed to the next round following a 4-3 win at Holmbridge. Joe Smith, Gary Parr and Simon Walsh scoring for the home team with Connor Steele (two), Sean Cosgrove and Will McLaughlin scoring for the Dynamos.

Matthew Burger and James Hutchinson scored as Meltham Athletic squeezed past Fothergill and Whittles 2-1. Lewis Haigh hit three for Kirkburton in a high scoring 6-3 win over Netherton A.

Anthony Travers, Stefan Anastasi and Maldini Nyandoro scored for Netherton whilst Joe Lockwood, Joe Somerville and Jake Logan completed the scoring for Kirkburton.

Meltham Athletic stay top of Division 3 courtesy of a Louis Carmody last minute equaliser against AFC Volunteers with Joshua Heavyside scoring for the Volunteers.

Saddleworth United leapfrog Honley into second place after a hard fought 3-2 win at Honley. Oliver Mansell-Taylor and Daniel Colbeck scored for Honley and Tommy Bunn (two) and Matthew Walton scoring for Saddleworth.

Cameron Wilkey and Alex Marr scored for Grange Moor Saints as they beat Brighouse Athletic 2-1. Bradley Jennings scored twice for Fenton United in their 13-2 loss to Marsden. Joshua smith hit five for Marsden.

Holmfirth Town with goals from Oliver Harrop (three), Kris Turton (two), Joe Dunrod, Chris Bray and Darren Blower beat neighbours Cartworth Moor 8-1 with Callum McLachlan scoring for Cartworth.

Gary Holmes (two) and Adam Summerscales scored as Wooldale Wanderers beat neighbours Hade Edge 3-1 with Alex Trowell scoring for the Edge.

A Carlton Balmer hattrick and a goal from Jamie Carroll saw Heywood Irish Centre gain their first win of the season 4-2 over Linthwaite Athletic in reserve Division 1 whilst Britannia Sports drew 1-1 with Netherton.

In reserve Division 2 Grange Moor Saints moved up to fourth with goals from Benjamin Cassidy (two), Cameron Mays and Raull Nawaz-Ellam in a 4-2 win over Deighton A.

Dalton Dynamos A went top of reserve Division 3 following their 5-0 win over Cumberworth B with goals from Leigh Miller (four) and Tyresse Wilson.

Lewis Crank hit five as Kirkheaton Rovers thumped Fothergill and Whittle A 7-1. Daniel Holt scored for Fothergill’s and Daniel Carr and Waqhar Uddin completing the scoring for Kirkheaton.

George Bailey scored twice for Mount as they recorded their first win of the season 2-1 over Honley whose goal was scored by Michael Foster.