Little Explorers Nursery based in Golcar has a lot to celebrate after achieving ‘Outstanding’ in their latest Ofsted inspection.
The report describes the nursery as “a very special nursery where children and families are at its heart.”
The Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ rating is the highest that can be awarded by an Ofsted inspector and is given only when there is exceptional childcare and education that greatly exceeds national standards.
The Ofsted inspector’s report said: “Children are cherished by staff. They thrive in this very calm, homely, nurturing and fully inclusive nursery. Children feel safe, secure and happy.”
The inspectors also observed that:
- Staff are inspirational and passionate professionals, who are strong advocates for all children. They provide exceptional support for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND);
- Staff promote children’s physical skills exceedingly well;
- Staff focus strongly on developing children’s language and literacy skills;
- Children are highly independent and motivated. They show sustained levels of concentration. Children develop their independence skills across the nursery;
- Children’s emotional well-being is supported incredibly well;
- Parent and carers speak extremely highly of the nursery. Some state that they do not know what they would do without the nursery;
- External professionals praise staff for their ‘dedication, sensitivity and inclusiveness.’
Leanne Wayne, who owns and manages the nursery, said: “To receive ‘Outstanding’ is a significant achievement for everyone at Little Explorers and it wouldn’t be possible without our phenomenal staff. Their excellence drives the success and future development of the nursery each and every day.
“As the manager I am extremely proud of what we have achieved and to be recognised as one of a very small amount of the best settings in Kirklees is a huge accolade.
“We are elated at the outcome and have all worked extremely hard through what has been some of the most challenging times for the early years sector.
“Achieving it is just the start. We now have to build on what we have accomplished with an ambitious and inspirational programme of development to maintain the high standards we strive for and ensure we keep it.”